Please check lost and found for missing items!
|Daily announcements can be found in the Parent Documents link on the left side of the webpage.|
Dismissal Times for First Day of Class
The first day of classes for grades K-9 will be Thursday, August 21. It will be a half-day. Class times will be as follows:
- THS - 7:45-11:30
- TMS - 7:55-11:45
- TES - 8:10-noon
Fall Sports Information
Click the link to get information on fall sports schedules, rules, and procedures.
Free Developmental Screening for Kids
The Tonganoxie Basehor-Linwood Special Education Cooperative (TBLSEC) will be offering a free developmental screening for kids ages birth-5 years on Friday, September 5th, from 8:30-11:30a.m. The screenings will be in the First Baptist Church in Basehor, at 1410 N. 155th Street.
The screenings will include tests of your childs vision, hearing, cognition, motor skills, self-help, communication, and personal/social skills.
If you'd like to schedule an appointment for the screening, please contact the TBLSEC office at (913) 724-2348.
Don't Forget to Return Bus Passes!
Transportation Coordinator Melissa Ostermeyer wants to remind parents of bus riders to bring us your student's bus pass and ring at your earliest convenience. There are still quite a few that haven't been returned, and these will be subject to a $5 replacement fee.
So please return your student's bus pass AND RING no later than June 28 to avoid the $5 replacement fee being placed on the student's Skyward account.
Also, if you live in an area other than Pay to Ride, you are welcome to drop by the District Administrative Center at any time to complete a Transportation Request for next year.
Dates have been set for the 2014-15 school year enrollment:
- Online enrollment has begun, and will continue through August 8th. This is for students currently in our system who are returning from last year, and is available through Skyward Family Access. If you don't have (or don't remember) your login or password, just click the "Forgot your Login/Password" link and it will email a password reset message to the email in the student's account. Once you're logged in, you should see a box with a green label in the middle of the page. If you don't see that box, click Home on the left side of the page. You may then choose the student you'd like to enroll if you have more than one. It is not necessary to click "Online Enrollment" at the left side of the page, since Skyward Family Access opens automatically to online enrollment this time of year.
- July 31 & August 1: Returning students who did not enroll online (including incoming Kindergarteners if desired) can enroll in the classroom building the student will be attending. If incoming kindergartners have older siblings at TES it may be more convenient to do them all at once!
- August 4: New students enroll in the building the student will be attending. This also includes students who have attended USD 464 before but transferred to another district, and kindergartners if it’s more convenient than July 31 or August 1.
To save parents from having to visit multiple offices, staff from the Transportation and Student Nutrition departments will be available in each building on July 31, Aug 1, and Aug 4 to help enroll students or answer any questions families may have.
A variety of documents and forms used for enrollment are posted on the Parents/Patrons tab of the district website. The bold red links indicate current forms; if the link is black it will be made active as soon as updated forms are available. Credit or debit cards may be used for online payment if the family has or creates an e-funds account. Payment by check or cash may be made in the school offices or in the district administrative center. Free and Reduced Meal Applications will be available in late July.
An Online Enrollment FAQ may answer any questions you may have. If not, feel free to contact the District Administrative Center or the school your student will be attending.
School Start and End Times for 2014-2015
Here are the bell schedules for the 2014-15 school year:
At their September '12 meeting, the Board of Education approved new policies and procedures for requesting district facilities.
A Facility Use Packet has been developed to help patrons with the proper forms, contact information, and billing procedures.
If you currently use, or plan to use, district facilities, please take a look at the packet to help insure that the proper procedures are being followed. Feel free to print the packet so all the information is readily available.
To reserve a district facility:
- Call or visit the scheduling coordinator of the facility you wish to request. For TES, call Carlie Puhr at 913-845-2290. For TMS, call Mark Altman at 845-2627. For THS, (except the Chieftain Room) call Brent Smith at 845-3042. For the Chieftain Room, call Julie Bernard at 845-2654. They will be able to tell you if the facility is available when you need it.
- Once you have determined that the facility is available, fill out the Facility Request form and get a signature from the scheduling coordinator or administrator at the appropriate building.
- Send the completed and signed form, and insurance waiver if required, to Bill Seymour at the District Administrative Center. Fees will be assessed and you will be contacted about payment to secure the facility.